Program Learning Outcomes (PLO)
The program provides opportunity for graduates to be able:
1. To perform effective communication, therapeutic communication in giving health care, ability to build effective interprofessional relations.
2. To educate and to improve health conditions of clients, family, and community in both clinical health and community setting.
3. To perform professional nursing practice for patients by focusing on bio psychosocial, cultural, and spiritual.
4. To act as a manager and a leader in nursing care to provide patient safety and to evaluate nursing care services.
5. To develop critical thinking and to conduct nursing research.
Intended Learning Outcomes (ILO) consist of:
Upon graduation, students are able:
A. Attitude (A)
A1. To demonstrate attitude with cultural sensitivity based on ethical principles and nursing legal aspects;
A2. To work professionally with passion and determination based on maritime continent culture in achieving patients’ goal of care according to her/his clinical privilege and responsibility, in particular in nursing care for tropical diseases.
B. Knowledge (K)
K1. To demonstrate comprehensive understanding nursing concept, theory and management principles in providing nursing care to client in clinical and community settings based on research findings;
K2. To apply nursing knowledge, information system and technology into clinical practices;
C. Skills (S)
S1. To communicate his/her opinions/ argumentations or product of innovation that useful for nursing profession developments nationally and internationally that credible in scientific and professionals ethics;
S2. To have task competence in delivering nursing care and services that able to compete nationally and globally.
D. Competence (C)
C1. To provide comprehensive and continuing nursing care based on research that ensure patients’ safety according to the standards of nursing care in all nursing areas particularly on tropical disease that commonly occurred in maritime continent according to nurse’ clinical privilege;
C2. To perform therapeutic communication and give accurate information to clients and/or to family/assistance/advocates in obtaining an informed consent of care within their responsibility;
C3. To manage nursing care systems in one unit or ward within their responsibility by collaborating with other nurses, other health professionals, and group of people in community to reduce morbidity rates, to improve healthy lifestyles and healthy environment;
C4. To improve nursing and health services qualities by applying research skill and integrating theory into nursing practice